COVID 19 Update – May 2020
On Wednesday 13th May 2020 the UK Government announced that estate agents were permitted, under strict guidelines, to recommence their activities,. Therefore, from Monday 18th May 2020 our offices will be manned by a skeleton staff (only those who do not rely on public transport to travel to work).
Whilst we have been working continuously during lockdown (from our homes) this change in government policy will allow us to recommence viewings and market appraisals. Our aim now is to transition back to work in a way that protects the health and wellbeing of our staff, our clients, our contractors, tenants, prospective customers and anyone else we come into contact with. Here is a brief summary of what we will be doing and how we will be doing it.
Summary of the government guidance
The Government have released detailed guidance on moving home – buying, selling and renting property during the coronavirus outbreak. We recommend you read the full official guidance here, but some of the main points are:
- People are now permitted to move home.
- Physical viewings are now allowed.
- Estate agents are permitted to visit properties to value them.
- All our actions must adhere to strict social distancing, at least 2m.
- Surveyors an undertake surveys of properties.
We will be asking everyone to adhere to strict procedures which include, but is not limited to, the following measures:
Visiting our offices
- Although all of our offices are open for business they will not be open to any visitors or members of the public.
- Our office hours will be Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm. We will not be working in the offices on a Saturday until further notice.
- We ask that you avoid coming to our offices unless absolutely necessary.
- If you do need to come into one of our offices, you will need to call ahead and book an appointment and we will meet with you outside the office, at a safe distance
- Some of our staff will continue to work from home.
- We will offer virtual viewings of our properties in the first instance wherever possible. Please use these in your initial search and only request physical viewings of properties you are seriously interested in.
- Please make your own way to viewings as we are unable to offer you transport.
- Before viewing, you will need to confirm to us that you are not suffering any Covid 19 related symptoms.
- You will be asked to remove your shoes before entering a property. You may also be asked to wear a mask and gloves.
- You will be asked not to touch anything whilst in the property.
- If the property is occupied the occupier will also be asked to leave the property whilst the viewing takes place.
- We will continue to offer virtual market appraisals where possible.
- If we do visit a property to value it, we will need to maintain a 2m safe distance and we will remove our shoes and, if requested to, will wear facemasks and gloves throughout the appointment.
- Before we visit, please ensure the property is well ventilated.
- We will not touch anything in the property unless absolutely necessary.
Thank you for your patience and understanding whilst we adapt to this new way of working. If you have any questions at all please do get in touch.
COVID-19 update from Mountgrange Heritage
Be the first to write a comment.
Leave a Reply